Pages

Monday, August 19, 2013

Another great week...

August 19, 2013

Hello Everyone,

This week has been busy as usual, but there have been a few things in particular that have stood out. For starters, I broke a MAJOR rule that I set for myself. My companion and I spend a lot of time talking so last Monday when we were running out of time, I realized that I never got my hair cut! My companion told me that he cuts his own hair, and that he could cut mine if I would like. Yikes! I kindly refused, but soon realized that there was not enough time left on P-Day to get my hair cut. Practically shaking, I told him that I would let him cut my hair. Seriously this was one of the hardest decisions I have ever made in my life! My hair means a lot to me, and I cannot stand bad haircuts. I put a lot of trust in my companion’s hands, but he did a great job! Our hair is very similar, which is the ONLY reason I agreed to let him do my hair. It was for sure a trust building exercise in our companionship, but everything worked out in the end :) Phew!

On Tuesday, my companion had to conduct a baptismal interview in Viroqua, Wisconsin where the Sister Missionaries in our district are working. I swear every time we visit a new area, I find somewhere smaller and more rural. The Viroqua branch is in a remodeled dentists office, so it is absolutely tiny. The only thing they are missing is a baptismal font! What do you do if you are having an investigator baptized, and you do not have a baptismal font? RIVER BAPTISM! I thought this only happened in foreign countries, but it is going to happen here in Wisconsin in a few weeks. Crazy! We are trying to get a few of our investigators to attend the baptism, so we can go and see it all go down.

Aside from that, this week has been fairly typical. We taught a couple on Thursday, which was quite an experience! We taught the Law of Chastity, and the man of the house told us that people get married, and later divorced. He said that he didn't want to get divorced and have his wife take all of his money, so he just isn't going to get married until he is absolutely certain! The woman of the house (who is extremely quiet during our lessons mind you) went off, shouting about how all he ever talks about is divorce, and that she came to live with him to get married. It was... interesting to say the least! We smoothed things over, but we realized that for future lessons with a marriage focus, it would be best to have an actual married couple with us. Not that our marriage advice isn't fantastic ;)

I have been SUPER tired this week. I thought that with our daily schedule, and waking up at 6:30 AM every morning would make going to sleep at 10:30 PM a lot easier. That is not the case. I should have known that my body doesn't go to bed before 12:00 AM, just like when I was in high school! I make things work though, it just involves a lot of Diet Coke and Zip Fizz haha :) My companion and I are Diet Coke drinking buddies, but he hasn't acquired a taste for Zip Fizz. Baby steps ;)

The mosquitoes are in full force! When people say that mosquitoes are the Minnesota state bird, they aren't kidding :p Yesterday I got five new mosquito bites, not cool! Hopefully they will start to die out sometime soon. The worst is when they bite through your socks, and you get a mosquito bite on your ankle! I currently have got two of those babies.

All in all, it has been a fantastic week, and we got our transfer calls today, and I will be staying in Sparta, Wisconsin with my companion! I wasn't sure how things were going to work out, but I knew everything would be fine. I prayed anyways that I would stay with my current companion, and it looks like God agreed with me this time ;) We will see how everything works out in the transfers to come, but as for right now I am happy!


I hope everything is going well back home, and that you all have a great week. I love and miss you all, but I know that I am doing an important work here in the Minnesota Minneapolis Mission :) Thank you all for your love and support.

Best Wishes,

Elder Kyle William Andrews

No comments:

Post a Comment