Pages

Monday, August 26, 2013

A day in the life ....

August 26, 2013

Hello Everyone,

This week has been extremely busy, but has been one to remember! My companion and I have had a lot of really great conversations about conversion, and we were able to study Alma 5 together. He told me that he likes to go through and ask himself all of the questions that are being asked in that chapter. After reading it I realized a lot of things that I need to improve about myself, which I guess is always a good thing to be looking for.

A few days ago, we taught a man on the street in Sparta. He was drunk but was still able to talk to us. He listed off five or six different types of alcohol he had drunk earlier that day, and said that it had been a good day. That was taking it easy for him! We taught him about the restoration, and had an oddly powerful lesson with him. Not too often can you have a powerful lesson with a drunk person, especially on the street. It showed me that God has prepared a way for everyone to hear and receive the message that we have to share. He opened up and shared a lot of his life challenges with us, one being his youngest son passing away. We talked to him about the Plan of Salvation, and he began to show a lot of interest. Hopefully he will be able to sober up a little bit in the future, so that he will be even more responsive.

The woman that called and asked if she could come to church dropped us a few weeks ago, which is why there have not been any more updates. She went to her church the following week, and texted us informing us that she was going to return to her church and that she didn't want us meeting with her anymore. We will have to try back with her later. Also, one of our teenage investigators dropped us. Our two teenage investigators broke up, and the one apparently was never really interested. Luckily, we will still be able to teach the other one (the girl), and maybe the boy will come around sometime in the future! Our entire zone has been facing a "dropped investigator" epidemic, yikes!

Today for P-Day, we spent the day with a recent return missionary. He took us to the "Amish Walmart" out in the middle of nowhere! It was kind of fun to see how different things are in Amish towns, and how people live without electricity. I know the pioneers were very strong people, but I would never desire to live like they did! Nope :) Amish people have the option of using modern day technology, and choose not to! It was fun spending the day with a returned missionary though, he is leaving tomorrow to go to Provo, Utah to attend Brigham Young University. Unfortunately, this means we are losing our joint teacher and main help in the branch!

Now that I have finished the training program, I decided to order new nametags. When I get my new tags, I will be sending my tag home, complete with my dork dot from the MTC which is on the back. That way, it won't break like a lot of other missionaries tags.

I hope you are all doing well, and are enjoying the week! It has been INSANELY hot and humid here recently, so we are excited for the cooler fall weather to come. Thank you all for your love and support, and for your emails and letters :) I really appreciate everything you do!

Best Wishes,

Elder Kyle William Andrews

No comments:

Post a Comment