Pages

Thursday, May 30, 2013

And....He's Off!

May 28th I received the following email from Kyle...he's so funny!

Mom,

Tomorrow morning we depart from the MTC and will be heading to the airport in Salt Lake City. While we are at the airport waiting for our flight to take off, they have given us permission to make a phone call home (preferably before the plane takes off). We leave the MTC around 5:00 AM (yuck) and will be at the airport a while later. They have given us phone cards, and have told us that starting around 7:00 AM we will be able to call home. They let us send this email quickly today so that you are aware that we will be calling. Talk to you soon!

Best Wishes,

Elder Kyle William Andrews


May 29, 2013

We received a wonderful phone call from Kyle before his flight left. He is happy and well – and anxious to get to Minneapolis! We all got to speak to him—but of course, I monopolized the phone call ☺ Love. That. Boy.

And this is the quick email we received shortly after he arrived in Minneapolis yesterday☺ He had to be quick because there were 33 new missionaries yesterday! WOW! They average 7-12.

He wrote:

I can’t write a lot, because all of the new missionaries need to send a brief email home, but I am here :) I will update you on all of the happenings later, I’m sure I will have a lot of things to share with you. The flight went well, and we all got here safely. It is super green here, and flat. You can see clouds EVERYWHERE! It was super hot and humid earlier (awesome!) but now it is raining and cold. Kind of reminds me of Utah. Anyways, I have to go now, but I will talk to you soon, love you!

Best Wishes,

Elder Kyle William Andrews

And…I also received a small note in the mail with a little message that really touched my heart!
Kyle wrote---Since it is Memorial Day on Monday you probably won’t receive this letter in time, but I came across something that made me think about Wayne, and others who have passed away in our family. In the Book of Mormon--Mosiah 16:8 reads “But there is a resurrection therefore the grave hath no victory, and the sting of death is swallowed up in Christ.”
Thank you Kyle---I know this to be true! The sting of death is swallowed up in Christ! Families are Forever! I will see my beloved brother Wayne, my grandparents, my Uncle Bill, my Auntie Anne, my cousin Nate and all other family members who have gone before us. I am grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ. Go teach the world this truth!

What a great day Wednesday May 29th was! A phone call, an email and a note all in one day! Can’t wait to get his next email telling me where his first area is, who his companion is etc. That may not be until Monday ---his preparation day. Will keep you posted. I am hoping that Kyle will serve in Canada sometime in the next two years. Thunder Bay, Ontario is part of his mission boundaries and after all, he was born to a VERY PROUD Canadian Mama!

No comments:

Post a Comment